In 2001, Phoebe launched The Phoebe Institute on Aging, whose forward-focused mission is to provide forums for discussion and learning, including educational programs, cooperative ventures and outreach activities to promote improved quality of life and care for the aging and their families.
Click above to view the Phoebe Institute on Aging’s Spring 2015 Keynote Address by Dr. Charlotte Yeh on The Effect of Artistic Expression in Older Adults.
Several initiatives of the Phoebe Institute on Aging include:
- Sponsoring annual community events featuring noted speakers on topics related to quality of life and care of the aging
- Providing expertise to the community on quality of life and care for the aging
- Working with area colleges and universities to establish cooperative research and educational programs for students and staff
- Promoting partnerships within spiritual communities through sponsorship of educational programs for pastors and lay persons
- Research into new and innovative care delivery models
- Hosting events for regional legislators and other care providers to discuss current policy issues
- Enhancing partnerships between healthcare providers, agencies, educators, students, and senior services professionals
The Phoebe Institute on Aging was created in recognition of Phoebe’s more than 100 years of care for the aging. Guided by a community advisory board and supported by community-staffed committees, the Phoebe Institute on Aging works diligently to ensure that the greater community has opportunities for engagement and resources available to best serve the aging and their families.
Learn more about the Phoebe Institute on Aging: