Published on July 20, 2016
You’ve been through rehabilitation and you’d like to go back home, but you’re not exactly ready. You have options!
At Phoebe, you can stay a little longer with our Transition to Home Program.
Did you know that if your condition worsens during the 30 days after discharge from a skilled nursing/rehab facility you may be reinstated for Medicare coverage and you may be able to transition back to a skilled nursing/rehab facility?
• 20% of Medicare patients are readmitted to hospitals within 30 days of discharge.
• 30% are readmitted within 60 days.
• Hospital readmissions are costly and potentially avoidable.
Benefits of the Transition to Home Program:
• Continued therapy
• Nursing 24/7
• Medication management
• Assistance with activities of daily living
• 3 prepared meals daily
• Homelike environment
Who may be eligible?
• Patients discharged from the hospital. If a patient goes home from the hospital after being admitted in-patient and stays three midnights and his/her condition worsens within 30 days, Medicare may cover admitting the patient to a skilled nursing/rehab facility.
• Patients discharged from a skilled nursing/rehab facility. If a patient goes home from a skilled nursing/rehab facility and his or her condition worsens within 30 days, Medicare may cover readmitting to a skilled nursing/rehab facility.
• Patients cut from Medicare at a skilled nursing/rehab facility. If a patient is staying in a skilled nursing/rehab facility and is no longer eligible for Medicare coverage, then has a significant change in condition, the patient may qualify to be reinstated to Medicare benefits.
Patients must be evaluated for eligibility by a physician and/or skilled nursing facility staff.
How is it paid for?
The Transition to Home Program is paid out of pocket. We offer low daily rates with no obligation to stay.
What if I go home and realize I need to come back?
You can come back to us through our Transition to Home Program. Please call the Admissions Department for details.
How do I sign up?
Contact the Admissions Department at the appropriate Phoebe location. An Admissions Counselor will be happy to assist you.