Published on October 12, 2016
The Phoebe Institute on Aging is offering a valuable conference to educate caregivers about promoting an optimal quality of life for older adults by embracing their unique identities. Person Centered Care: Responding to the Diverse Needs of an Aging Population will take place from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 in the ArtsQuest building at SteelStacks, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem.
A pre-conference screening of Gen Silent, a critically acclaimed documentary about LGBT older adults, will start the day, followed by a keynote address on person centered care by Judah L. Ronch, Ph.D., Dean and Professor at the Erickson School at The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). Three break-out sessions with three or more options featuring topics on diversity and inclusion will be offered by area experts.
Break-out session speakers include:
· Liz Bradbury, Director of the Training Institute at the Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
· Peter Favini, MD, FACEP, Chief of Emergency Medicine, St. Luke’s Monroe Campus and Network Vice Chair of Emergency Services for the St. Luke’s University Health Network
· Corinne T. Feldman, MMS, PA-C, co-founder and Director of the DeSales Free Clinic and Brett J. Feldman, MSPAS, PA-C, founder/Program Director of the Lehigh Valley Health Network Street Medicine Program
· Phyllis Alexander, Senior Trainer and Governing Board President, National Coalition Building Institute
· The Rev. Anne G. Huey, Spiritual Services Manager at St. Luke’s Hospice
· Gillian Pidcock, MS, Founder, Narrative Health Strategies
· Amy C. Beck, LSW, Executive Director, Lehigh Valley Center for Independent Living (LVCIL)
· Terri Clark, MPH, Prevention Services Coordinator, Action AIDS
· Diane Menio, MS, Executive Director, Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE)
The cost of the conference is $25 including all programming, breakfast and lunch. Visit www.phoebe.org/piaconference for more information or to register by October 19 or call 610-794-5150 with questions.
6.5 Personal Care Home Administrator, Social Work, Community Life, Nursing, Nursing Home Administrator, and Pastoral Care continuing education credits have been approved for the day.